Book Your Stay
- Places to Visit in WayanadMay 7, 2021
- Places to Visit in Wayanad
“This world is vast and wonderful, full of exciting places.”
Are you a person who loves to travel?
Do you have a passion for adventure?
Do you love the waters and the trails?
If you ought to make beautiful memories, then you must travel to some of the most exotic locations of the world. There is one such place on Earth where you will experience an absolutely beautiful experience like no other. That place is Wayanad.
Visit this enchanting place in God’s own country without any further thought. An Indian district set in the North-East region of Kerala State, Wayanad beckons you with its breathtakingly beautiful landscapes. Wayanad is an ideal fusion of antiquity, landscape and civilization.
Before I tell you more about what you will get to see in Wayanad, it is always good that you get to know beforehand a brief about the geography and history this beautiful heaven on Earth boasts of.
Situated on the southern tip of the Deccan plateau in the heart of the Western Ghats and displaying the status of an evergreen rainforest, this place has a cool climate, intact woods, foggy foothills and scattered estates. Much of the area here is covered by forests and the region is also blessed with both east flowing and west flowing rivers and rivulets. Wayanad gets its name from the word ‘Vayal Naadu’, Vayal meaning ‘Paddy Fields’ and Naadu meaning ‘Land’. Many places here speak of a departed civilization.
Wayanad has the leading tribal population among all districts of Kerala and is the least populated district in Kerala too. While some of them are forest dwellers and hunter gatherers, some of them practice shifting cultivation and hunting too. With expertise in pottery, carpentry, basket making, tool making the place is also equipped with the best people with both generic and unique skills.
The place has more than 20 lovely tourist destinations.
1. Banasura Sagar Dam: This is the largest dam in India and the second largest dam in Asia. Named after Banasura, the son of the much-celebrated King Mahabali, the dam is built across the Karamanathodu river, a tributary of the Kabini River. The dam’s reservoir also houses a group of islands formed because of water swamping the adjacent area during the rains. Trekking and boating are the standard past times in this region.
2. Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary: This beautiful wildlife sanctuary is an abode of a plethora of flora and fauna. This place is blessed with both evergreen and moist and dry deciduous forests too. The place also shelters various species of animals like elephants, civet cats, panthers, wild dogs and several species of beautiful birds that include peacocks, cuckoos, jungle fowls and more. The Sanctuary has two eco-tourism centres. These centres also host various programs like jungle safari, bird watching, trekking and more.
3. Edakkal Caves: This place has carvings on caves that date back to the Mesolithic and Neolithic Age. This cave has a historical significance as people believe that these caves came into existence after arrows were shot by Lava and Kusha, the children of Lord Rama. Many people visit this place to worship their local Goddess, Mudiampally. Climb the Ambukutty Mala to get a view of this historical cave paintings and archaeologically significant site.
4. Pookode Lake: A lovely freshwater lake, which is also the most loved tourist locations in Wayanad. It is a serene and blissful place to experience nature. Scattered blue water lilies are a magnificent sight to watch here. As you take a Boat ride around the place, you will behold a truly magnificent parade of nature’s beauty here.
5. Chembra Peak: This peak provides a bird’s-eye view of the beauty that surrounds Wayanad. The place provides an excellent trekking experience. The heart shaped lake in this place, a lake that has never ever become dry, is a major tourist attraction here. Visit this place during summer to enjoy the best trekking experience.
6. Soochipara Falls: This is a three-tiered waterfall you get to behold in Vellarimala in Wayanad. It is also popularly called the Sentinel Rock Waterfalls. The water traces its origin to a large pool and this makes swimming and bathing in the water an experience you must never miss.
7. Vythiri: Vythiri is a beautiful place that is abode to aboriginal tribal communities. Located 700 metres above sea level, this place receives an abundance of rainfall. The place is good for vacations and staycations, where one can also enjoy activities like boating, trekking, kayaking and even relaxing in the embrace of nature.
Other places include Sulthan Bathery, Kanthanpara Waterfalls, Thirunelli Temple, Pakshipathalam Bird Sanctuary, Wayanad Heritage Museum Chethalayam Waterfalls, Kootamundu Glass Temple, Thrisillery Shiva Temple, Puliyarmala Jain Temple to mention just a few.
Vythiri Village Resort is a name to reckon among the best resorts offering the best packages. This place is a blend of relaxation and extravagance at the same time. Choose Vythiri Village Resort to reward yourself with the best holiday experience.
With extravagantly airy rooms, spa, swimming pool, ayurvedic massage, indoor activities and outdoor adventures, Vythiri Village Resort lets you experience the best vacation in Wayanad as you set out to explore the beautiful landscape. Vythiri Village Resort offers you the best weekend getaway.
Enjoy an enchanting view of majestic landscapes and plantations during your stay here. Provide yourself a gentle relief from the sizzling heat. We at Vythiri Village Resort know that you truly deserve to enjoy the best vacation. We let you do just that by giving you the best experience. Call us anytime to book your vacation with us.
This is Nature’s Paradise.
Come, enjoy in its lap.
Drop in a message as you browse through the various options available to you at Vythiri Village Resort. We will get back to you and together we plan your best holiday at Wayanad.
Choose to visit Wayanad and enjoy your stay at Vythiri Village Resort.
Book direct for the best price, exclusive offers and no hidden fees.
Book direct and enjoy the lowest rates available!
Book direct and enjoy exclusive offers
Many websites charge extra fees for bookings; we do not.
You have successfully joined our subscriber list.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".
|The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".